martedì 1 dicembre 2009


This september I had a trip in Sicilia. I spent most of the time in the Barocco area. Noto, Modica, ragusa and Scicli. Simply marvellous. What I saw sometimes was simply close to perfection.
The colour of the stone, the ability of the architect and the stonemasons, the whole atmosphere of the old towns. Often the palaces where closed and abandoned but still so charming.
In the first picture i was sitting on the staircase in front of the cathedral of Noto (yes that little one is me). The second one is a view of Ragusa Ibla. Unfortunately the weather wasn't what I expected from Sicilia! It was often raining, quite cold (to be summer) and windy. This was a pity as I wanted to have more beach days than the ones I had. Anyway i'm looking forward to see all the island.

OK Vicki, this is for You!

6 commenti:

vicki archer ha detto...

I would love to visit Sicily...more photos please Massi and then I will feel like I have been there at least, xv.

massi ha detto...

ok vicki! I'll publish more pictures for sure.

Rupert ha detto...

These are absolutely gorgeous photos! I, like Vicki, feel as if I have been there ;)
Rupert

massi ha detto...

Thanks Rupert!
:D

M ha detto...

I've seen so much of Sicily -- but never Noto! Must do so one day. Thanks for posting.
(Beautiful blog, by the way. And where'd you learn such good English?)
CU,
Michael

massi ha detto...

Thank You, Michael!
You lost such a beautiful place...but You'are still in time, I mean, Noto should be there for a long time.

I'm still trying to learn English...anyway thank You again!